<$BlogRSDUrl$> The Cyberactivist

Behind the scenes of the fight for the protection of animals and workers and the preservation of the environment - my experiences as a Tyson slaughterhouse hanger/killer turned activist. Exposing the evils of factory farming, by Virgil Butler. If you have arrived here looking for the Tyson stories, view the early archives. Some of them are now featured on the sidebar for easy searching.

Sunday, September 14, 2003

Realization of truth 

This morning's post is later than
usual because I had a hard time
thinking what to write on today.
Not that there is nothing to say,
but that I have a hard time finding
something new to say.

The words have been said by many,
the examples cited, the pictures
shown. Still, people continue to
go on much the same, hoping and
convincing themselves that these
stories of cruelty are the exception.
They tell themselves these examples
are not the rule.

I received an email today pointing
me to an article in the Denver
Westword by Jason Sheehan. He
writes a column called "Bite Me."

He had received a DVD video of
PETA's "Meet Your Meat."

All ready to poke fun at Alec
Baldwin, who narrates it, he
decided he better watch it first
to be "a good little journalist."

He then explained to his readers
that:

What followed was probably
the most uncomfortable thirteen
minutes of my life...What sickened
me was that much of it was true.
Every horror PETA showed was an
actual one...Ugly and vile as the film
is, I think everyone should see it. I
think third-graders should be made
to watch it before lunch. I think it
should be run on a continuous-loop
tape for auditoriums full of people
with their eyelids peeled back, Clockwork
Orange style, just to remind us how
far removed we've become from the
chain of breeding and killing that puts
food on our tables every night...I am
as much a murderer as any of the sadists
captured in that DVD. All carnivores are.


He is right. He also says he hopes that
the images he saw were rare. I am here
to tell you they are not. In fact the treatment
of these animals is legal and standard
procedure. It happens every day, is in
fact probably happening somewhere at
this very minute. Right now.

Check these things out for yourself.
Become informed. I did not always feel
the way I do now. It was less than a year
ago that I was there in the slaughter
plant. I am a very unlikely person to have
become active in the fight to help animals.
I killed them and ate them.

No more.
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to activistsagainstfactoryfarming
Powered by groups.yahoo.com