<$BlogRSDUrl$> The Cyberactivist

Behind the scenes of the fight for the protection of animals and workers and the preservation of the environment - my experiences as a Tyson slaughterhouse hanger/killer turned activist. Exposing the evils of factory farming, by Virgil Butler. If you have arrived here looking for the Tyson stories, view the early archives. Some of them are now featured on the sidebar for easy searching.

Wednesday, October 01, 2003

My latest projects and thoughts 

First of all, I want to thank the people that
have been sending me supportive emails.
It makes me feel good to know I am making
a difference. I am always glad to hear from
people out there from either side of this
issue.

My wife and I both devote quite
a bit of time each day not only to this site,
but to various forums, letter-writing campaigns,
and now I have participated in my first demo
at KFC in Russellville, AR. Which brings me to
my first announcement.

I have started a photo page. On there, you
can see a picture of me at the press conference
PETA held in Little Rock shortly after I came out
with my statement. There are also a few pics
from our demo today.

Next, since I have had so much interest in this
topic, and since there are many forums/boards
and groups devoted to animal welfare/rights
overall, I decided it might be more effective to
start a group that debated the issue of factory
farming almost exclusively.

While I do care about the many other issues and
will still participate in writing letters and discussing
them other places, I have realized that I fill a niche
because of my experiences. I have realized that,
while I am a voice among many as far as saving a
piece of land, or protesting a cruelty case, I have
a much more effective voice when it comes to
factory farming, especially as it pertains to poultry.

Therefore I set up a group at Yahoo! to discuss
this. If anyone would like to join, I will be glad to
hear your opinions and beliefs with regard to this
issue. My pictures are there, too.

Finally, a reader sent me a link the other day that
I found very interesting. It was a paper written
by a philosopher on "Why Your Beliefs Commit
You"
to not eating meat. I would be quite
interested in hearing what you think about this.
I found his arguments to be well-thought-out,
convincing, and hard to argue with.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to activistsagainstfactoryfarming
Powered by groups.yahoo.com