<$BlogRSDUrl$> The Cyberactivist

Behind the scenes of the fight for the protection of animals and workers and the preservation of the environment - my experiences as a Tyson slaughterhouse hanger/killer turned activist. Exposing the evils of factory farming, by Virgil Butler. If you have arrived here looking for the Tyson stories, view the early archives. Some of them are now featured on the sidebar for easy searching.

Sunday, November 23, 2003

Taking Care of Business 

Lately I have been receiving various
pieces of correspondence with regard
to funding for my endeavor. I thought
I would deal with this issue today, as
it seems to be becoming more important
lately with the increased time I have
spent doing this work.

For a long time I did not seek any sort
of contributions because of the fact that
there were some people who had the
incorrect assumption that I was selling
my story for money, thus questioning
the motives behind my coming out with it.

Nothing could be further from the truth.
I have done this because I felt it was an
important thing to do and because I care
about this issue very much.

However, so far, up until a few weeks
ago, I was receiving unemployment
and was able to devote a good bit of
my time to activism. With my increased
search for work lately, though, my efforts
have been affected, as most of my regular
readers have probably noticed.

After much discussion and correspondence
with supporters of this site and my work,
I put up a PayPal donations button the
other day. I just didn't say anything
about it. I don't want anyone to feel like
I am pressuring them to send me money
or anything. This site was never set up
with that intention in mind.

I will keep on doing this work, no matter
what happens. However, naturally, the
more time I can devote to my work, the
more effective I can be in it.

So, while I will not cease my search for
employment, I am now considering the
option of turning this fight against the
factory farming industry into a full-time
job. This will depend on whether there
are enough people that are interested
in helping in this endeavor, though.

All I am saying, is that I have now set
up a means for those who wish to
contribute to this effort for those that
are able to do so. If you are struggling
to make ends meet, keep your money.
I'll survive, and I will keep on doing this
whether I ever receive a single penny
for it. It means that much to me.

I do not charge for use of the material
on this site. The only thing I require is
that it not be sold for profit, but offered
as freely as I have offered it to you. I
do hold copyright, but anyone is free to
publish whatever they find to help the
animals. Several people and organizations
have done so, and the blog has been
translated into French and Dutch by a
couple of dedicated activists overseas.
(If there are any other languages, let me
know. I am always interested in hearing
from readers on how they are able to use
the material I have given here.)

Basically, I am saying that I will be able
to do more with help than I can do alone,
which is obvious. We do have some ideas
for expanding the work, if the situation
allows. We have an offer of expanding
the site into our own domain, but we
know nothing about site design and writing
code. We also thought of a sanctuary of'
some type for rescued chickens and other
animals, but these things are in the future.

Thanks everyone for your continued interest
and support. I appreciate all of you and answer
every email I receive (unless it's spam!)
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to activistsagainstfactoryfarming
Powered by groups.yahoo.com