<$BlogRSDUrl$> The Cyberactivist

Behind the scenes of the fight for the protection of animals and workers and the preservation of the environment - my experiences as a Tyson slaughterhouse hanger/killer turned activist. Exposing the evils of factory farming, by Virgil Butler. If you have arrived here looking for the Tyson stories, view the early archives. Some of them are now featured on the sidebar for easy searching.

Saturday, December 20, 2003

The Holidays - A Time for Family, Love, Kindness, and Peace 

I tried to post this yesterday morning, but Blogger was down after I got it written, so I had to wait until today. I was gone from 9:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. yesterday (and too tired by then to even boot up the computer - just went to bed - excited kids will do that to you [where do they get all that energy?!] :) LOL!), so I never got another chance to post this or to check on anything else that was going on.

I wanted to take a minute this morning to let everyone know that, as the holidays are approaching and we have already had some family come in (and more coming that haven't arrived yet) to stay through the holidays, I will be taking a break from this blog in order to spend as much time as possible with them through the holidays. I will do my best to check my email as often as possible, but if I don't write back right away, don't get worried or feel like you are being ignored. This will not be the case. I will simply be spending time with family and enjoying a much-needed break. I am not ruling out completely the possibility of a post, but I will probably not have the time to do that over the next little while. As important as this blog is to me, and to the animals it was set up to help, we don't get to see our family often enough, so they will come first on my list of priorites over the next couple of weeks.

Thank you everyone for your continued support. I wish everyone a very happy holiday season. All those who have sent emails, cards and letters, food!!!, and donations, my thanks to you. I will follow up with personal messages to all of you that I have not yet responded to (my inbox is still quite backed up!) as soon as humanly possible. You have helped make a real difference with your generosity.

This is a wonderful time of year, with the spirit of caring, love, and generosity in the air. Be good to each other out there. Make peace with those you have been angry with, especially if that includes family members. We are all in this together. Let's everyone put aside their personal differences over the next weeks and bring a little more peace to the world this year. Goodness knows this world could use all the peace it can get right now. We have too much fighting, too much war, and too much "me, me, me."

One final thing before I sign off this morning. I have a small request to make.

Today, and each day over the holidays, let's all try to do at least one random act of kindness each day. Just one (although more is certainly great!). It won't take much effort from you, but may just make someone's day for them. Be kind to each other out there. And be kind to the animals, too. If you are considering obtaining a companion animal this year, for yourself or someone else, don't forget the shelters. Many lonely animals won't have a warm, loving home this year at Christmas. Perhaps you could change that.

Peace.
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to activistsagainstfactoryfarming
Powered by groups.yahoo.com