<$BlogRSDUrl$> The Cyberactivist

Behind the scenes of the fight for the protection of animals and workers and the preservation of the environment - my experiences as a Tyson slaughterhouse hanger/killer turned activist. Exposing the evils of factory farming, by Virgil Butler. If you have arrived here looking for the Tyson stories, view the early archives. Some of them are now featured on the sidebar for easy searching.

Thursday, December 11, 2003

I Am Not Alone 

I devote my time here because I care about something bigger than myself, not because I enjoy getting a lot of attention from the public. It's not about revenge, either.

I am here talking about a very serious subject. This is not a game. I got into
making this site because I was trying to help the people who were writing me with questions about what really goes on behind the closed doors of a slaughterhouse. Tyson is trying to attack me personally because they would much rather have people discussing my personal life than talking about what happened down at that plant. I still have not seen any credible statements that effectively prove that the allegations I made about what happened down there are wrong. Instead, they only attack me because of a past I admitted only because they brought it up and told it to all the reporters that called up asking questions about the abuse. What I find strangest of all is that it was the sheriff and Tyson who first told the reporter that I was arrested for manslaughter, not me. Now, he denies it, and the records don't exist. Very strange and ominous. You figure it out. I feel like I am in a bad Tom Clancy novel. But, this story isn't about me, it is about the industry's callous disregard for the animals it slaughters and the workers that do this nasty, brutal work.

It is notable that this story got delayed for weeks after Tyson found out it was going to be written. They had three weeks to get their ducks in a row. I was given a few days to come up with documentation proving things that happened 10-15 years ago. Could you all do that on the spot if you had to? Probably not. As for the lack of military records being found, well, I am hardly the first one this has happened to. Looks like I get to recreate my records. Ooh, what fun! NOT! I have heard how hard this is to do, but I guess I have no choice now. All my stuff burned up when my trailer burned up. Oh well, I have faced many difficult situations before and survived. I'll survive this, too.

Well, you know, I am not the only one that has brought up allegations of inhumane treatment in the factory farming industry. I am amazed by the number of people who are still in denial of the facts.

How many investigations do you need?

How many videos have to be made?

How many more animals have to be tortured?

You want to see some other investigations that I had absolutely nothing to do with? What about all the other slaughterhouse workers interviewed in Gail Eisnitz's book, "Slaughterhouse"??? Are you going to believe a multi-billion-dollar corporation that has been caught bribing, bullying, and lying repeatedly because they have so much to lose? Or the many, many people that have been bringing these types of incidents to light?

Here is just a small list of links (I can provide more if needed). This is just what I found when I went looking into KFC suppliers, of which Tyson is one:

A raid on Australia's largest producer, Inghams

Venkateshwara Hatcheries in Pune

KFC Supplier in Australia

Wrawby Farm, near Scunthorpe, North Lincs

And, one of the ones I especially identified with:

Canadian Whistleblowers Reveal Terrible Suffering During Chicken Catching

There are, of course, more stories, but this small sample proves the point I am trying to make. I am not alone. And my message is not so uncommon. It's just that not very many people have the guts to go public with something like this. It always results in problems. And most people are not willing to deal with that. Look what has happened to me for going public. I have been attacked, had my character assassinated, my family and my life threatened, even may have had my records tampered with in some mysterious way. I am still trying to figure out what happened with that one. However that is changing, and quick. People are sick of it. These are just a few of the many stories I have seen that are coming out. It seems that they want to use me as an example to the other workers again of what will happen if they speak up. Many of them were scared already, but this probably made things worse. However, none of this means that the things talked about here are untrue just because Tyson wishes they were.

I am not alone.
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to activistsagainstfactoryfarming
Powered by groups.yahoo.com