<$BlogRSDUrl$> The Cyberactivist

Behind the scenes of the fight for the protection of animals and workers and the preservation of the environment - my experiences as a Tyson slaughterhouse hanger/killer turned activist. Exposing the evils of factory farming, by Virgil Butler. If you have arrived here looking for the Tyson stories, view the early archives. Some of them are now featured on the sidebar for easy searching.

Monday, December 08, 2003

Undercover - Tyson Exposed Again!!! 

Sorry I didn't get to the post about Jim
yesterday like I promised, but Blogger was
down and it kind of messed up my plans.

We are going to skip Jim today (don't
worry, we will get to him) because we are
finally getting to tell the story I have been
sitting on for so long. Actually, I have been
keeping secrets from all of you since this
blog started. Sorry, but it was necessary
for operational security.

Most of the readers today have seen the LA
Times story. Thank you Stephanie Simon for
your great work on this. I enjoyed talking with
you. You are hard-working and honest, and
you definitely dig for the whole truth.
You worked really hard, and it shows.

That story is the reason I can finally open my
mouth. Yes, I couldn't talk about the under-
cover videos I made before that clearly show
collaboration of the events I laid out in my
formal complaint that started all this.

I also couldn't tell anyone about the video that
Paul Shapiro from Compassion Over Killing made
when he came here. I wrote about the fact that
he had visited me. I even put up a couple of
pictures of him and me and my wife on the photo
page. But, what I couldn't tell at the time was the
reason behind his visit.

I have to say this. Paul Shapiro is one of the
gutsiest people I have ever met. He went into
that Tyson plant in Grannis three different times
to try to get the footage he shows on this video
of the chickens not being properly stunned before
heading to the scalder. It shows on the tape if
you can see it close and clear.

That was the same machine that I killed behind
the entire time I worked there. This proves what
I have been saying all along. Thanks Paul for your
bravery in getting this footage.

I won't divulge all the problems he had getting this
footage any more than I will divulge who was in on
it. But, I will say that it took real courage on the
parts of those involved, especially Paul. You did a
great job, dude! I'm proud to call you my friend.

I also have to thank Bruce Friedrich for all his help
in setting up things for me and Cem Akin for his
tireless, probing questions in his research of the
story, as well as his help in making a lot of this
happen. Everyone at PETA has been great.

Thanks to Karen Davis for her support also. She
and I have done much corresponding. There are
many more people who have been helpful through
all this. You know who you are - the activists for
the ones with no way to speak up for themselves.

Thanks everybody for your continued support!
May I continue to be worthy of it.

Tune in tomorrow for the story behind my little
undercover operation...
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to activistsagainstfactoryfarming
Powered by groups.yahoo.com