<$BlogRSDUrl$> The Cyberactivist

Behind the scenes of the fight for the protection of animals and workers and the preservation of the environment - my experiences as a Tyson slaughterhouse hanger/killer turned activist. Exposing the evils of factory farming, by Virgil Butler. If you have arrived here looking for the Tyson stories, view the early archives. Some of them are now featured on the sidebar for easy searching.

Wednesday, February 25, 2004

And Yet Another Tyson Tragedy 

Well, once again, my mother-in-law has found a chicken in the road. Well, actually there were two of them, but one was already dead. She brought home one of them, though, because she was still alive. This one we don't really have any hope for, though. She looks way beyond saving, unfortunately. We are merely waiting for the vet to open so that we can go and have her suffering ended in a humane way.

She looks to have brain damage. She is sitting there in the box, just shaking and jerking. We had offered her water to see if she had enough muscle control to drink it, or any desire for it, but although she dipped her beak in there, she couldn't swallow. Upon further examination, I saw (during a brief time of her opening her eyes, either voluntarily or not - don't know for sure) that one eye was looking up and the other looking down. It was also quite obvious to me that she could not focus them on me, although she clearly knew that I was there. She is bleeding from her mouth and nostrils and possibly from her behind. I didn't pick her up to see, since I didn't want to hurt her further. I can tell that her rear end is raw, though.

As before, I have uploaded the pictures to the photo page for you to see. A warning to those that are easily upset, though. These pictures are quite graphic and bloody. They are worse than the last, actually - at least to me and Laura. It is extremely upsetting for me to see this, which is surprising given the number of chickens I have seen suffer and die over the years. I mean, I can see her brain! This needs to be stopped! NOW!!!

And, it could be so easily stopped. This is so damn unnecessary!!! She is only a baby, like the others. Only about 9 weeks old. Just a baby, even if she looks older due to their hormones and steroids they give them for "growth enhancement.".

If they would fix these cages, if the catchers would be more careful loading them, and/or if the cages were turned so that their doors held each other shut instead of facing the road off the back of the truck, they wouldn't be able to fall off the truck into the road like this. I suggested this very thing years ago to my supervisors down at Tyson. It never went any further than that. These babies' deaths, and the blood they shed for you, on our your hands, guys.

These are scenes that I saw for years. Scenes similar to this one were a common occurrence. These babies that we have found have only been found along one highway, but I am sure there are many others that we never see. These incidents have both happened on only one 20-mile stretch of highway. Also, when I last went to the vet with Hope and Faith, she told me that we weren't the first to bring in chickens that had fallen off a truck. It's good to know that we aren't the only ones that care around here. She has seen some of them make it and some of them not make it. But, this doesn't have to happen AT ALL!!! EVER!!!

For those that have been reading this blog from the beginning, you will remember that I discussed this very problem before when I told you about the problems with the cages. For those who have not read it yet, check out the early archives of this site. That is where most of the stories are of the worst things that I saw in my years down there, including my discussion of the problems with the broken cages and the injuries they cause.

Tyson - you questioned my credibility and truthfulness. Question this! Kind of hard to argue with a photo. Excuse me. Several photos. Of several birds. Pretty convincing evidence, if you ask me.

You keep dumping them off the trucks, and I'm going to keep on putting up pictures so that people can see just how cruel and callous you are.

How many more BABIES are you going to allow this to happen to?

How many more pictures do you want to see put up for the world to see?

It is up to you now. Quit torturing these birds, and I will leave you alone. You CAN stop it if you WANT to. You know it, and I know it. So, do it!!!

Until then, this will keep on happening. The ball is in your court now...

Excuse me, people, while I yet again go clean up another Tyson mess. I have an injured animal that needs some help. And then a grave to dig. Again...

But, I'll be back. You can count on it!
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to activistsagainstfactoryfarming
Powered by groups.yahoo.com