<$BlogRSDUrl$> The Cyberactivist

Behind the scenes of the fight for the protection of animals and workers and the preservation of the environment - my experiences as a Tyson slaughterhouse hanger/killer turned activist. Exposing the evils of factory farming, by Virgil Butler. If you have arrived here looking for the Tyson stories, view the early archives. Some of them are now featured on the sidebar for easy searching.

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Good News! Two Happy Stories! 

Yep - good news to report today! I am happy and grinning from ear to ear! Two good stories came into my inbox today that I just had to take the time to share with all of you this morning. I hope that they bring just as big a smile (okay a big ol' sh*t-eating grin!) to your face as they have to mine. :)

First off, I learned that the Better Business Bureau has ruled that the egg industry can't lie to you and the rest of the public anymore. You may have read about this issue here before, but if you are new to this blog and unaware of this controversy, I'll summarize it for you.

You see, for some time now, the industry has labeled some of the eggs as "animal care certified," leading well-meaning consumers to pay more for what they believed were humanely-raised chicken eggs. But, of course, that was far, far from the truth, as I discussed before when I told of COK's expose that they featured in their newsletter and that was featured in this video and in several news reports that clearly showed that these birds were raised in anything but humane conditions. They were still being debeaked, starved, and kept in cages where they couldn't even flap their wings. Of the ones that were so-called "free range" they also exposed how little that really meant.

Anyway, now that you are up to speed, you can rejoice in the knowledge that the egg industry cannot deceive the public anymore by saying the eggs were produced from humanely-raised chickens when they clearly were not. I don't know how many well-meaning people I have had to explain this to that got really upset when they found out that they had been lied to like that.

Now, for the second piece of good news. (And, maybe the best I have heard in a while.)

Get ready to smile real big now.

The U.S. broiler chicken production is down for the first time in 30 years!

That's right! Less chickens have been killed this year for the first time in a long time!

You can read about this here and here.

I am going outside now to say a little thank you before I get started in my work today and visiting with family from out of town. Hey, I may even do a little happy dance. (Ooh. Did I just admit that to the world?) Oh, well, never mind - who cares?

I'M HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to activistsagainstfactoryfarming
Powered by groups.yahoo.com