<$BlogRSDUrl$> The Cyberactivist

Behind the scenes of the fight for the protection of animals and workers and the preservation of the environment - my experiences as a Tyson slaughterhouse hanger/killer turned activist. Exposing the evils of factory farming, by Virgil Butler. If you have arrived here looking for the Tyson stories, view the early archives. Some of them are now featured on the sidebar for easy searching.

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Making Progress 

Well, as I said in my last post, there has been a lot of things going on around here. We were gone from here for over two months on a job taking care of animals for some fellow rescuers that we know. They are back now, so we have returned to our woods and little trailer. But, it is starting to really look like we will finally be able to get finished building our cabin before winter. We are very excited about that!

And, it also looks like we will be in a bit better financial position in a couple of months, as well. We are certainly very excited about that! We won't be rich, by any stretch of the imagination (not even what most people would call "comfortable"), but it is beginning to look like we will be able to get enough money every month to live on. No more worrying about how we are going to eat and pay bills. No more worrying about how we will buy dog food. No more worrying about whether or not we can keep this site and our activist work going. Laura will be able to get the medical help that she needs. But, the very best thing of all is that it looks like we will finally be able to devote more time to our activist work. So, we just have to hang on for a little longer now, and we should be okay. I deeply appreciate all of you who have helped us financially during all these long months of struggling. I couldn't have done it without you. Many more people have learned about the factory farming industry due to our combined efforts. So, than you once again. You are all special, caring people.

I have been going over my speech and getting ready for the forum at UPC this weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, but I have to admit that I am just a little bit nervous about getting up and speaking in front of all those people. I figure that once I get started, though, that I will probably do fine.

I have also been working a little bit on the book I have been wanting to get written . I hope to get that finished some time this winter after we are holed up inside our cabin and I'm not having to work so hard just surviving and keeping everything going. I have decided to go with the factual version, with maybe the other story coming out at another time (if the first does well). Thanks to everyone that weighed in with their opinions on this. This seems to be what you wanted, so that's what I will do. I'll keep you up-to-date on my progress.

I have entered another circle of people at the Care2 site and set up another group there just like the one at Yahoo that I have had going for a while now. It gains new members all the time. I have met quite a few new people over there and made new friends. Quite a few of them were new to the information I have provided, so we have a larger number of readers here at the site. And they are spreading the word to others, so progress is being made there, too.

So, all in all, things are looking pretty good. I knew everything would eventually work out if I just continued to hang in there, work hard, keep a positive outlook, and not lose hope. It has been a real struggle, but then the best things in life do require a bit of sacrifice, do they not? Thanks to everyone who has been a part of all of this for everything you have done. It's not easy going up against the big boys, but we are indeed making progress in getting the word out. I hear from new people every week. (Which reminds me, please quit using the military.com email address. It has been acting up from the beginning and now I can't even get into it at all. Almost nothing but spam comes in there now, anyway, so I'm getting rid of it. If you have sent an email there in the last week, please resend it to my other email address because I can't open it to read it, and I don't like to miss an email, okay?)

I really hope to see some of you at the forum this weekend. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun. We are looking forward to seeing the chickens at UPC's sanctuary and meeting Karen. And, we are looking forward to putting faces with the names that we have only read about. It will be a great opportunity for me to meet quite a few of the activists that I correspond with all the time. It would be great if I ran into some readers there. If you come, be sure and come say "hi."
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to activistsagainstfactoryfarming
Powered by groups.yahoo.com