<$BlogRSDUrl$> The Cyberactivist

Behind the scenes of the fight for the protection of animals and workers and the preservation of the environment - my experiences as a Tyson slaughterhouse hanger/killer turned activist. Exposing the evils of factory farming, by Virgil Butler. If you have arrived here looking for the Tyson stories, view the early archives. Some of them are now featured on the sidebar for easy searching.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Guest Editorial from pattrice 

It's nighttime here at the Eastern Shore Sanctuary and, as usual, I am up late writing. But tonight is different than other nights because tonight I am not alone. Tonight I know that Virgil and Laura are down there in Arkansas blogging for us and that all of their wonderful sponsors are with them in spirit.

Sometimes the hardest part of doing sanctuary work is feeling alone. It's nice to feel less alone tonight. I appreciate the material support that all of the sponsors will be providing to the birds but I am also grateful for the moral support that I am getting from all of you right now.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I can tell you that we are enjoying the support of everyone, too. We have had some very nice emails and comments written. I don't know why comments aren't showing up on my blog. Blogger shows them enabled and all, but they don't show up. What's even more weird, though, is that three people have managed to comment anyway. Hmmmm.......If anyone knows the answer to this particularly weird problem, please share. Because Laura and I don't know anything about website design. That's why we chose Blogger in the first place. All of the other little extras put on there have come from help from friends or very specific directions from the ones wanting us to host a banner or something. Anyway, until then, I am just relying on emails to get through to me for those that don't know the secret code to unlock the comments.

We are getting pretty tired now and have drunk an entire pound of coffee since this started! We are still bleary-eyed and yawning, though. But, we are determined to see this thing through. Every time we start to feel the urge to rest our heads for just one minute, we pop back up, grab another cup of coffee, and think about the birds crammed in those filthy warehouses and battery cages. Then we think of the lucky ones that made it to Eastern Shore Sanctuary. Doesn't stop the yawning and the bleary eyes, but it does keep us motivated and awake.

Thanks to everyone who has taken an interest in reading what I have to say. And a special thanks to those who have supported this effort, either materially or morally. I am sure the birds would thank you, too.

At least the ones still alive and not going through the scalding tanks and being eviscerated right now. But, I would like to think that they are with us in spirit.

No amount of work I could ever do would make it up to all of the innocent birds I was a part of killing. But I hope that my efforts have made a difference and that they know that there are those fighting for them. At least I like to believe so. Especially the spirits of those who are no longer suffering.

This post is dedicated to the billions of those.
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to activistsagainstfactoryfarming
Powered by groups.yahoo.com