<$BlogRSDUrl$> The Cyberactivist

Behind the scenes of the fight for the protection of animals and workers and the preservation of the environment - my experiences as a Tyson slaughterhouse hanger/killer turned activist. Exposing the evils of factory farming, by Virgil Butler. If you have arrived here looking for the Tyson stories, view the early archives. Some of them are now featured on the sidebar for easy searching.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

More of My Personal Story, Part Five (and the last of this series) 

Around the year of 2000, I met Laura for the first time. We became friends and remained so for some time before it became anything more, long before we started iving together. I learned of her love for animals and how she felt about cruelty towards them.

Needless to say, my job and her feelings were very much at odds with each other. So, I hid what I did for a living from her for a long time. I told my friends and co-workers not to talk about the job around her because it would upset her so.

This went on for over a year, and needless to say, put a lot of stress on me as she was very curious about what it was that I actually did.

Finally, one night I decided I had had enough. It was time to get it in the open.

When I opened to door to the kill room she turned white as a sheet. Words escaped her. All she could say then was, "Take me away from this place."

The drive home was around an hour. All that way she begged and pleaded with me not to go back. She said that I was a better person than that.

I finally took her advice and went a step further. I did not want to just pass the buck on to the next poor guy. I wanted to change things.

And so began my activism.
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to activistsagainstfactoryfarming
Powered by groups.yahoo.com