<$BlogRSDUrl$> The Cyberactivist

Behind the scenes of the fight for the protection of animals and workers and the preservation of the environment - my experiences as a Tyson slaughterhouse hanger/killer turned activist. Exposing the evils of factory farming, by Virgil Butler. If you have arrived here looking for the Tyson stories, view the early archives. Some of them are now featured on the sidebar for easy searching.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Violence and Innocence 

They say it takes one to know one. For a large portion of society I wonder if they really realize how true this is.

For myself and others like me it is very true.

You see, as a child, as I mentioned before, I was abused. Sometimes very severely. So I know all too well what it feels like to have someone bigger and stronger viciously and brutally attack you for no other reason than to get their kicks or maybe because you forgot to clean the stove or clear the table or even a myriad of other nonsense reasons.

For whatever reason, the damage is inflicted.

Sometimes I wonder if that's how the animals feel. I wonder if they wonder, "why?" "What did I do to deserve this?" Ever see that look in an animal's eyes as they are "disciplined?" I know I have.

Sometimes I want to show these abusers just how it feels to be helpless and at the mercy of some cruel, sadistic, so-called human.

But, then I am reminded of the fact that violence only breeds more violence.

I suppose the only clearcut answer is hope and education. I mean, what else is there? If you react to violence with more violence, have you not just justified the very action you wish to stop?

These are just a few things to think about the next time you feel like losing your temper when you witness injustice. It doesn't mean you have to stand there passively doing nothing. By all means, take whatever measures are needed. Just make sure that they are indeed needed and not simply a knee-jerk reaction.

Goodness knows, those of us working to spread compassion need to spread peace. We don't need to become part of the problem we are trying to solve, thus spewing out more negativity. Positive, loving, compassionate, and healing thoughts are what this world needs to bring it back into balance.

And we need all of the light-bearers we can get doing that work.

Just something to keep in mind. I know that I have to do so, and Laura helps me to do that. I am so glad I have her. She may drive me nuts at times, but I wouldn't trade the world for her. She keeps me sane and acts as my conscience when mine fails me temporarily.

I hope that each and every one of you have someone like that in your lives. Someone who can love unconditionally and with an open heart, no matter how many times it may be broken.

She is one of those light-bearers, and I am glad that we found each other. Apart, we were a mess, but together we are a team. We balance each other out and accomplish things we never thought we could.

This post is dedicated to all of the light-bearers out there. May you all find the strength within yourselves to keep on. The world desperately needs every one of you and more.

Namaste.
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to activistsagainstfactoryfarming
Powered by groups.yahoo.com